Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer task, winter treat

Next on my list of domestic food adventures this summer was freezing peaches.  Greg had to work on Labor Day, so my sisters joined Adalyn and I that morning as we peeled, cut and packed a bunch of peaches.  For those who have never taken on the task, it's a fairly simple one.  The trick is to make sure your peaches are nice and ripe AND have two big bowls or something of the sort to use because otherwise it can be a sticky mess.  I think it's easiest to have two people to help.  My younger sister, Sarah was the peeler, I was the cutter and my older sister, Rebecca, was the babysitter.  Who do you think enjoyed their job most?  :)  I bought a half of a bushel of peaches, which equates to about 50 peaches.  After it was all said and done, I ended up with 10 quarts of nicely cut peaches ready to eat in the dead of winter!  Of course we had to document the occasion. 


Clearly I wasn't ready for the picture to be taken

Peeling (make sure you wash them before you peel)

Cutting
AND I saved the best for last..........













 Adalyn grabbed Bec's bagel and started licking it (don't worry we supervise her closely when she does this :-) )


Who do you think won?!  Yup, Aunt Bec enjoyed a nice, slobbery bagel :-)

I hope you are out enjoying the beautiful sunshine after many days of rain.  Can you imagine Noah...no wonder God told him to build an ark to prepare for 40 days of rain!  God is a powerful God, that's for sure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment