Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."  Psalm 100:4-5 

I love the holiday season and all that it represents.  Thanksgiving is such a great way to kick it off, too.  A day devoted to thankfulness!!  I was convicted last night as I laid down in bed though.  I was thanking God for the many blessings in my life and was reminded that I need to do that more often because every good thing comes from the Lord.  I want to be a wife, mom, friend, sister, and daughter who has an attitude of thankfulness each and every day!  I want to create a home in which my daughter grows up to learn that we are so blessed by God's goodness.  I want to cultivate relationships with those around me that just makes thankfulness contagious.  I'm praying that I can stay focused on the true meaning of the holiday season.  It's so easy to become distracted by worldly things.  And no, I'm not saying it's bad to enjoy the things God has blessed us with, but I am saying that I want to be content with what I have and not be filled with the "I need/want more" attitude.  I know Adalyn is far too young to understand the meaning of Thanksgiving or Christmas this year, but I am praying about how Greg and I can raise her to have a giving and selfless heart.  I know it's not an easy task today, and never was for that matter, but it's our job and it starts with us as parents.  I pray that we can set a great example of selflessness and that she will grow up to be a generous, content, and loving little girl.  Did I mention how thankful I am for this little peanut and her daddy?


What are you especially thankful for this year?

1 comment:

  1. It has been a year with many blessings! I am especially thankful for my niece, Adalyn, and my fiance! Lots to be thankful for! Love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete